The ‘A’ Team?
Posted by shutah on August 18, 2007
The SEROXAT PETITION ends in THREE days (22 August) and below is the team who will advise and make the final decision as to whether or not a thorough investigation into the GlaxoSmithKline Seroxat drug trial is carried out. If you haven’t yet signed and feel as strongly as the 410 who have, then this is your last opportunity to do so. Please click on the red link above to view and sign the petition.
The Department of Health ministers are led by the Secretary of State Alan Johnson MP.
Each minister takes the lead for specific areas of work, with the Secretary of State taking overall responsibility.
Secretary of State for Health – Rt Hon Alan Johnson MP responsible for
- NHS and social care delivery and system reforms
- Finance and resources
- Strategic communications.
Minister of State for Health Services – Ben Bradshaw MP responsible for
- System management and regulation
- Professional regulation
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Care Services – Ivan Lewis MP responsible for
- Mental health including Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Health Services – Ann Keen MP responsible for
- Healthcare quality
Minister of State for Public Health – Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo MP responsible for
- Medicines and pharmaceuticals industry including Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)